CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Taken (Give & Take, #1) - Kelli Maine What if a property billionaire who you (kind of) met once develops a weird obsession for you and decides to whisk you away (OK technically it was kidnap but we don't hold that against him for long) to his own private island? Well that's the premise of this story. This book actually reads more like a contemporary romance than a kidnapping story. If I was expecting a kidnapping story (which I was not) I would have been disappointed as that story line fizzled out pretty quickly. Despite being kidnapped by Merrick, Rachel really wants to be with him and spends most of the book fighting her attraction for him while trying to figure out, and hoping all along, that he really is a good guy so that she can jump in bed with him already. There is a lot of sexual tension but not much else in the way of story line. Mainly just interactions between Rachel and Merrick. Most of the book becomes a battle of the wills who can hold out longer between this couple. A quick, entertaining read.