CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire There's not much that hasn't been said about this book given it's somewhat controversial main character's anger management issues. People seem to either love or hate it. I originally read this in March and had a re-read this week. I gave it 4 stars back then and have decided to keep it at 4 stars. The story is far from perfect - lots of grammar and spelling errors, but those aside I couldn't help but enjoy it.

For me, this story is all about Travis. Abby I could take or leave. She's shallow, selfish and self-absorbed most of the time, much like Keira from Thoughtless. Despite not liking either girl very much I really enjoyed both of their stories. Or maybe I just like Travis and Kellan enough to make up for what they lack.

I love a tormented male character. And that's what Travis is. His reactions are much like a toddler's - constant violent hissy fits and temper tantrums. He's vulnerable and immature, has terrible judgement and has no self control. But he wears his heart on his sleeve which I can't help but enjoy.

So Abby and Travis are going down as characters I love to hate. There is nothing redeeming about either of them but their train wreck of a relationship is entertaining. My main complaint with the story is the too convenient ending. Theirs is a disastrous, co-dependant, unhealthy relationship. It deserved a more realistic wrap-up, not the one it got - wrapped up in a pretty bow. Let's face it, these two will struggle to stay together.

I will no doubt read Travis's POV as I find him much more interesting than Abby, and I've enjoyed her book.