CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Avoiding Commitment - K.A. Linde I've gone for 2 stars cos the book didn't really elicit strong feelings from me either way. I finished it a couple of days ago but didn't linger on it, or wallow in it like I have with other angsty, drama-ridden stories. The characters were too shallow and one-dimensional to connect with. So much of Jack and Lexi's past was told and not shown so I never really believed they had an all-consuming, deep love (although I'd agree they were in lust, infatuation, attracted to each other). They rarely had normal conversations, everything was always so dramatised. It was a bit nauseating, drama after drama, after drama. We were told that Jack could be amazing and wonderful and loving, but I never saw those moments cos there were hardly any scenes or dialogue which showed it. And Lexi, she was so easily manipulated and manipulative. I couldn't tell if I was supposed to like her or hate her. I think I did neither. I suppose there could be women who have experienced relationships like this. I hope not. Oh and the big showdown in New York that the story kept alluding to? Underwhelming. Not much more to say about this book, I just want to move on to a better one.