CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) - Molly McAdams This book really didn’t do it for me. It felt like a rehash of other stories I’ve already read. And look, sometimes that’s fine. Art is subjective and nothing is original any more. However, the rambling writing style, constant changing use of past and present tense and under-developed, cliche characters just didn’t appeal to me. I felt like the overall story and characters hadn’t been planned out in too much depth or detail and so they were changing and being made up as the story went along. This didn’t make for a very consistent or realistic read. I like to look back on a story after reading it and reflect on the little character and story nuances that made up the entire picture from beginning to end. I’d like to believe that every sentence and piece of information we’re given is there for a reason because the story has been well thought out and each detail contributes to the overall story or message that the author wants to convey. Unfortunately this story left me feeling like I’d read a random bunch of thoughts and experiences that were irrelevant, pointless, and shallow. For whatever reason I couldn't look past these faults.