CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

The Devil's Metal - Karina Halle Did I like it? Definitely! Did I love it? Hmm maybe. I think so. I don't know yet. As is often the case with book series, I usually don't love the first book. I only gave Darkhouse 3 stars yet it has become one of my favourite series ever. Series require more patience and investment than stand alone books but they are usually worth the time and effort tenfold.

Overall I really enjoyed the story. I loved the music, the setting, the era. I grew up listening to all this music through my parents so I loved imagining them back in the day and how they would have loved this scene. The paranormal element really kept me in suspense too. I had no idea who or what was going on but the story kept me intrigued throughout.

I know I shouldn't compare one to the other but I'm to going anyway, so here goes. The EIT series is very character-driven. Perry and Dex's personalities, background stories, quirks, issues and the dynamics of their relationship really makes that series what it is. Together they're awesome, and separately, they're still awesome.

So for this reason, I was kind of expecting the same (or a similar) dynamic between Sage and Dawn. But I gotta be honest, I didn't quite feel it. Maybe it was their chemistry, maybe it was Sage's quiet personality. I don't know, I just didn't connect to him as I thought I would.

OK that little complaint aside, this is still an awesome, far-out and groovy read which I would definitely recommend to everyone. Rock on.