CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry 3.5 stars. Straight up this wasn't a stand out romance for me. Noah and Echo's relationship was sweet, and surprisingly they never actually slept together, but it wasn't their blossoming, angsty relationship that kept me reading. In fact I got a bit bored about half way through and could have easily put the book down. I was more interested in the personal issues they were both dealing with. Particularly Noah. He's a foster kid who has been let down by the system. He lost both his parents a couple of years before and has plans to get custody of his two younger, estranged brothers who are living with a different foster family. I really felt for that kid.

I may have given this only 2 or 3 stars for the first 75% but I loved that the author allowed both Noah and Echo to deal with and grow from their own issues separately. I was so proud of them both - for how Noah dealt with Jo and Carrie and how Echo dealt with her father and Ashley. They'd both been wronged but they also needed to learn to forgive, forget and let go of their grudges and grievances. Which they did and they came away better for it.