CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Undeniable  - Madeline Sheehan Mixed feelings about this one. I need time to digest what I've read. There was a lot I enjoyed about this book. It took me on a fast ride, threw me lots of curve balls and generally entertained me the whole way through. But there were also parts I found not so enjoyable. Like others have said, this is a mash up of an episode of Sons of Anarchy and KA's Motorcycle Man. But it was also a lot more than that. Grittier, dirtier, more disturbing. Unfortunately, I wanted more of the loyal romance (albeit the possessive, dominating alpha type) of a KA book and less of the brutal reality of a SOA-type mess of a relationship.

I thought Eva was a lonely, desperate character. At times she was a really strong woman but mostly she was a lost soul. I felt she never knew what she wanted, always making decisions for others. I felt sad for her more times than I felt happy for her. She was used by the men in her life who claimed to love her. Did they really care for her? I don't know. They seemed more obsessed with possessing her than genuinely caring for her. Even when any of them actually had her in their life, they took her for granted, treated her poorly and used her. They were just selfish.

Was this a romance or romantic? Not really, although it does tell the story of a very unique, unconventional relationship. The story jumps in time quite regularly so it felt like I didn't spend a lot of time with Eva and Deuce throughout their relationship but instead got flashes of some of the highs and lows they had been through. A lot more of the lows. I don't deal with cheating well and I think that is what held me back from connecting with these characters.

I could easily give this story 5 stars for entertaining me as much as it did. But I'm holding back because I was expecting to experience a deep, life-altering, once in a life time love between Eva and Deuce. I endured all their misunderstandings, heartbreak and mistakes hoping it would all be worth it in the end because something great would come out of it. Instead I'm left feeling like it's only a matter of time before either one of them fucks things up again.