CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban I enjoyed this book overall but it was a little slow at times. Ty and Zane are undercover cops who have recently been partnered to solve a spate of murders. The murder plot was interesting, to the point where I sometimes found myself wanting Ty and Zane to stop talking about their feelings for each other and get on with some actual police work. They sure spent a lot of time in their hotel rooms. Both are really macho guys, neither are 'out' to their friends and family, or even to themselves. Ty and Zane have great chemistry and both are really struggling to accept and deal with their feelings for each other while also dealing with a whole heap of PTSD from their pasts. I enjoyed the slow build up to their relationship, of course you know it's coming but it was nice to watch them push and pull each other away. This was only a three star book but as it's the first in a series I have a feeling I should stick with it and read the next one. So many of my favourite series only started off as 3 stars and from what I've read this one gets better and better.