CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Fair Game - Josh Lanyon Elliot is a former Special Agent with the FBI. I sense a recurring theme emerging here in m/m romance with the amount of gay FBI agents I've read about lately. Anyway, due to an injury Elliot sustained on the job he has retired from the FBI and is now teaching history at university. He's struggling to come to terms with his injury and retirement and is holding a bit of a grudge against a former flame he hasn't seen in nearly two years. He was a pretty bitter and lonely character and I quite liked him.

After a couple of male students on campus start disappearing, Elliot's asked to liaise between the university and FBI whilst they investigate the case. Of course the special agent in charge of the investigation is Elliot's former flame, Tucker Lance. Cue the forced reconciliation and ensuing biopsy of their relationship and breakup. Both guys seem to have a different version of events that lead to the break up. The romance was a little backwards as we don't get to experience the initial chemistry between Elliot and Tucker as that's all occurred in the past. That said, the reconciliation was nice.

Elliot and Tucker's relationship drama is second to the main storyline, which is the whodunnit investigation into the missing students. It was interesting enough.