CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Binds - Rebecca  Espinoza Ophelia’s life has literally been thrown upside down. She has just discovered that a whole different world and race of people exist alongside the drab, colourless one that she barely exists in. As she learns more about the unique Mage world and discovers how she fits in it, Ophelia begins to bloom. She’s been suffocating under her husband's stifling presence for so long that she doesn’t even know her own potential. The real Ophelia is hidden under the façade she’s created for her life with Donovan and there are hints that this woman is a lot stronger underneath than she may initially appear.

“We both circle each other like a couple of caged lions in private.”

You sense that Ophelia’s just been waiting for a chance to stand up for herself. Despite everything she’s been through, she sees herself as an equal to Donovan and hasn’t given up the fight by any means.

This story is fun! Even though Ophelia should be scared shitless a lot of the time, she doesn’t take everything too seriously. I laughed and smiled a lot despite her having been through some pretty serious stuff!

“It must be Reece’s idea of a joke. Haha, so funny. It’s going to be even funnier when I kick him in the balls the next time I see him.”

There is also romance. And no insta-love here! This is the sort you want to invest some time in and know it’ll be worth it. I loved the build up to a certain kiss between Ophelia and Spencer – it gave me tingles. It’s lovely to experience Ophelia discovering feelings for a new man, after giving up on a HEA for herself.

“Against my will, my heart begins to wonder what it would feel like to have that man’s affection directed its way”.

The next book has been set up well. We aren’t left with a big cliff-hanger, just enough resolution, but I definitely want to keep reading to see what transpires with Reece, Spencer, Ophelia and the Mage war. The ending, and a certain choice she makes, gave me an insight into Ophelia’s true character and I loved it. Fist pump moment for Ophelia!

I’m very excited to add this review to GR and so happy for Rebecca to have officially published this book. Binds is a really imaginative and original story. It’s also very clever and funny.