CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1) - Tabitha McGowan You know what I did after finishing TTM? I let out the breath I’d been holding for two frickin’ days! Seriously this is how I felt most of the time while reading TTM: like walking on egg shells, with eyes partially closed, braced for the worst and with constant apprehension of what was coming next. This is a book that will affect you in a way that is disturbing and mind bending but addictive, nonetheless.

Brace yourself if you decide to read this book. Do not approach it lightly. In fact you may need to arrange a support group to be on hand during your read. Perhaps a buddy read should be compulsory.

I definitely experienced the full gamut of emotions possible while reading TTM. All the good and the bad, erring on the side of bad most of the time. It captivated me pretty early on, sideswiped me constantly and was easy to read for both the writing and the suspense/ pace of the story.

The story drew out my most protective instincts and feelings for a character, perhaps ever. The utter helplessness of Finn really affected me. Could there be a more broken person? Finn, I will not forget you anytime soon.

In most cases of the kidnap/captive genre we are forced to suspend reality and common sense to believe that a romantic connection could result from such a relationship. I was grateful that TTM didn’t require that of me. I appreciate the honesty with which the author portrayed the coping mechanisms of a man in Finn’s circumstances – shut down, drug abuse, self-harm and ultimate submission, giving up all power over himself to another person. It was hard to read but felt realistic.

I am curious as to where the author will take the next book, as this will be a tough one to follow.

4.5 stars.