CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) - Karina Halle Tossing up between 3 and 4 stars, so it's probably gotta be 3.5. I liked this book, didn't love it, but liked it. Enough to read the next one anyway. Perry and Dex are an interesting duo. I like the 10 year age gap, Perry is a mature 22 year old and Dex is a young 32 year old, so it fits. My only complaint at this stage of the series is that the author does to much telling, not enough showing. I'm not yet buying into Perry's drug-taking past, she seems too straight-laced. I felt like I was reading about two different characters. So hopefully the next books will shed some light on that. I like Dex. He's sexy, a bit screwed up, smart arsey, sarcastic but he has his tender moments. I'm hoping the chemistry between Dex and Perry heats up a bit. Not so much tension in this book.

The scariness/horror in the book is enough to keep you intrigued and curious but certainly not enough to keep you lying awake at night.