CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Bared to You - Sylvia Day I hate writing negative reviews but this book was a mess! Both characters were needy and immature. The whole book was exasperating. Eva and Gideon annoyed me, then they annoyed me some more and then they annoyed me so much I couldn’t even finish the book. I stopped listening at 85% and have no intention of finishing.

I was stuck in a car for 10 hours this week which was the only reason I listened to this audio book in the first place. I slightly regret that I didn’t read this book on my kindle because I wasn’t able to highlight some of the dialogue which I would’ve liked to include in my review.

The plot was repetitive and juvenile. The story is a merry go round of the same scenes – sex, petty fights and more sex. The characters say one thing and then do the opposite, constantly. Overly dramatic revelations from their pasts which were supposed to justify their odd and ridiculous behaviour just didn’t work for me. I wish authors would explore these issues properly and realistically or steer clear of them.

I don’t listen to audio books much but I didn’t enjoy Gideon’s voice at all – imagine the worst impression of a man’s deep voice and that would have been better than what Gideon sounded like here!

What I did like were some of the sex scenes, hence the two stars. I’m not gonna deny that they were hot. If you just wanna read this book for the chemistry between Eva and Gideon then you’d probably enjoy it, but don’t expect much in the way of character development or originality of story.