CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

The Collector - Victoria Scott 3.5 stars.

I am Dante Walker.
I am not merciful.

Oh but Dante you are, you really are.

I really enjoyed the first half (easy 4 stars) but the last third or so dragged a bit. I think we spent too much time in Dante's head while he was flying around the country. I most enjoyed him when he was interacting with Charlie and her friends.

All the way down the stairs and into the kitchen Charlie yaps away. I nod and smile and smile and nod, and when she turns away, I form a gun with my hand, place it to my temple, and pull the trigger.

I could have hated Dante, but I didn't. Victoria Scott did a good job of making me believe in Dante's transition. He starts out pretty rude, mean in fact. But it just confirmed that when he does develop feelings for Charlie, they are more than skin deep.

Charlie doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who has any friends, much less more than one.

I can't bring myself to say she's beautiful. She's not. Ouch. Maybe he's too honest.

Dante is confident, but not obnoxious. His cockiness was the perfect balance for me. You'll really only love him or hate him.

I'm so good, in fact, that I train the other five collectors on how to be more awesome.

Charlie is lovely, though I'm not sure how I feel about her changing so much physically. What message should I take from that? She would have naturally grown out of her teenage awkwardness, bad skin and her teeth could be fixed.

For a fresh twist on the bad boy/good girl relationship, check this out.