CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) - Kristen Ashley For some reason I had put off reading any of KA's fantasy novels. I'm glad I finally gave this book a go because clearly her talents are not limited to just writing good alpha romance. I should have had more faith in her cos she did a great job of creating a world that I was just as interested in as any other paranormal story I've read recently. The language she created was beautiful, the world she described was interesting and well-thought out and she managed to deal with some really disturbing topics without turning me off the characters completely.

Some readers may not be comfortable reading some of the scenes portrayed in this book (particularly rape and domestic violence - not just that they happen but that they're forgiven). Personally, whilst I didn't enjoy those scenes I tried not to over-analyse them and reminded myself this is just a fictional story.