CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Good Oil - Laura Buzo Good Oil is a story of first love, of unrequited love, of yearning, of youthful innocence and of growing up. The story is honest, realistic, thoughtful, humorous, inspiring and quite lovely.

The story transported me back in time, about 15 years to be precise. It’s difficult to read this and not be reminded of your own youth. First job, first crush, first kiss, first drunken experience, trying to fit in, not fitting in, not caring whether you fit in (but really caring), being drift less, the impatience of wanting to grow up, be older, move out of your parents’ house, find your place in life. At 15, I was Amelia. At 22, I was Chris. I’ve shared their thoughts, their experiences, their regrets, their anger and confusion, their innocence, their desires, their failures.

Good Oil is a very true to life, coming-of-age story with refreshing and original characters.