CrystalMariestyle=

there's more to life than reading books

Inhale - Kendall Grey I've been tossing up between 2 and 3 stars for this book. I really wanted to like it, but 50% in and reading this book became a chore. I read books to get swept away and lost in the story. Reading this book, I was very much aware that I was consciously making myself finish the story. That said, I stuck with it and finished. The writing was confusing and didn't flow as easily as it should. Overly descriptive sentences and metaphors had me skimming whole pages to get on with story. I liked Zoe and Gavin overall, but didn't get swept up in their relationship. They fall in lust, not love. They meet in Zoe's dreams so the whole relationship has a surreal feel to it, so I was curious if they'd end up together but not really caring either way. Hopefully they'll have more dialogue and actually get to know each other in the next book. I have to say the world itself didn't win me over either. It seemed to be complicated and confusing for the sake of it, not intriguing and mysterious as it should be.